The Head of Sales is responsible for leading the pursuit of new business and expansion/renewal business of Mira Commerce eCommerce technology professional services. A successful person in this role will manage the complete sales cycle process including lead generation, prospect qualification, and leading the cross-functional pursuit team by providing clear direction on deal strategy: pricing, service, value proposition and presentation messaging. The focus for this position is on new sales contracts, team selling, and solution selling. A successful candidate for this role must have a proven track record of generating and closing new business opportunities in a complex digital technology solutions space working with mid-market and enterprise-level merchants, brands, and distributors in North America, Latin America, and in Europe. An ideal candidate will have 10+ years sales experience in eCommerce professional services industry, meeting and proactively driving to succeed their quota. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a growing digital commerce agency and lead its sales organization.
- Originate, sell, negotiate, and close eCommerce technology and professional services solutions for North American, Latin American, and European mid-market and enterprise-level merchants, distributors, and retail brands;
- Orchestrate and lead the entire origination process for a large deal working with engineering and project delivery teams and relevant eCommerce subject matter experts and technology partners;
- Lead development and management of strategic target account plans;
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive customer and technology partner relationships;
- Administer pipeline and manage sales pipeline data accurately in CRM;
- Achieve sales quota and targets both for oneself as well as for Mira sales organization;
- Lead a Mira Commerce team of Account Executives and SDRs;
- Recruit, onboard, and manage exceptional sales professionals to further grow Mira Commerce eCommerce technology services portfolio;
- Ensure that Mira sales methodology and sales best practices are implemented and followed to maximize win rates across a portfolio of assigned target accounts;
- Keep abreast of best practices and trends in eCommerce digital technologies, retail innovation, digital transformation space; develop and maintain an exceptional knowledge of Mira Commerce digital service offerings;
- Remote position – travel as required to client and prospective sites, trade shows, partner events.
- 10+ years of proven complex eCommerce / retail technology solution sales and sales management experience working with mid-size and enterprise-level merchants, brands, distributors;
- Experience in building and leading direct Account Executives and SDR teams;
- Ecommerce technology and related professional consulting services sales experience;
- Highly motivated and target-driven with a proven track record in driving and closing deals;
- Proven ability and success in building productive long-term professional relationships with customers and technology partners;
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills, strategic problem solving and collaboration skills;
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills, proven consultative sales solution skills;
- Exceptional people-management skills; able to inspire and foster the right behaviors in others through leading by example;
- Track record of building rapport with senior customer executives (e.g. CEO, CIO, CTO), building close relationships, and closing large revenue accounts;
- Strong technical aptitude and practical knowledge of sales technology business tools.